Smothered Pork Chops
- Two 3/4 inch thick, boneless pork chops
- 1/3 cup BRIANNAS Champagne Caper Vinaigrette
- One medium sized sweet, white onion (I used a Texas #1015 onion)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, if desired
- Pour dressing over chops on a plate.
- Let the chops marinade for 30 minutes, then pierce the chops a few times with a large fork, and turn them over to marinade another 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to cook the chops, heat the olive oil on medium high heat in a heavy skillet or grill pan.
- When the oil is very hot, sear the chops until brown on both sides.
- Reduce the heat to low, pour the remaining marinade over the chops and cover to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Slice the onion in thick slices.
- When the chops have simmered for 15 minutes, add the onion slices and cover again to simmer for about 5 to 10 more minutes until the chops are done.
- Serve each chop on a heated (optional) plate, cover with the caramelized onions, and enjoy. Delicious with wild rice and roasted asparagus!!!
Makes 2 servings.